World Portal

The main forum for all matters related to the Gods' Game and world of Myelad!

Moderator: admin

Trick414

World Portal

Post by Trick414 »

I read through the first two books again, and am working through the third book.

I had a few questions. I must have missed the explanation(s) somewhere in the first two books.

Why did he build the world portal and promptly walk away from it? Why wouldn't Kyran build some support structures instead, stay there and train/level up while being hidden?

Along the same lines, where is he going? No spoilers for the third book, just what was the need to get out of the labyrinth and get noticed by the gods?

Thanks!

michaelbyrne

Re: World Portal

Post by michaelbyrne »

Since the World portal and the other structures are being built automatically from a list Kyran laid down, there was no need to stay there and watch.

Since most of the other World portals are under the control of the gods (I imagine), it would probably be fatal for Kyran to turn up at one of their portals.

He had to leave to 1) reassure the rest of the party he was okay and 2) No food in that location and to level up he needs experience points and they are best earned in combat? Only the civilian skills like scrying can be leveled by study.

Where is he going ? Imagine he initially at least wants to get out of the Labyrinth and see/enjoy the world on the surface. Suspect he wants to do deals with others (the gods?) and try to find out how he can best make use of the secret well he now possesses?

I know as much (or as little as you do?) so these are all guesses….

Michael

Trick414

Re: World Portal

Post by Trick414 »

Thanks for the reply!

I kind of had the same thoughts, I was just wondering if it was laid out for us somewhere in the books.

He's given a secret well and city, and he says, "Hey thanks! See ya later!" I suppose he will come back to it someday and build it up. Otherwise, it seems like a Chekhov's Gun situation.